LEARN TO SEW WORKSHOP: ATLANTA MAR 18TH
Learn to Sew! These workshops are design for true beginners and for both men and women. No experience is needed. There are only 30 seats available for Atlanta.
TIME: 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
LOCATION: 1201 W Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309 (more info provided after registration)
INCLUDED IN COST OF CLASS: Fabric, zippers, buttons, worksheets, and tools.
FREE GIFT: FIRST 4 MONTHS OF SEWITACADEMY.COM our online sewing school so you can continue learning with us after the workshop.
****We suggest bringing your own sewing machine to class so you can learn on it and ask questions while in class. We will have some machines available but if you do not have a machine you will need to notify us so we can arrange to have one for you.****
OUTLINE: In each workshop we will cover all of the following:
– Q&A With Mimi and Norris
– Understand all parts of the sewing machine, including how to thread it and troubleshoot it.
– What you need in your basic sewing kit.
– How to sew in a straight line (practice sheets and fabric provided)
– All the basic stitches and what they are used for.
– How to sew curves and why clipping and notching is important.
– How to attach a zipper
– How to make a buttonhole and sew a button
– Some pattern understanding and fabric basics Â will be covered
-We will then take all the skills learned above and make a one of a kind project with a zipper, side pockets with buttonhole closures, inside pockets and handles. (all supplies included in your registration) All skills that will get you to the next level.
NOTE: Workshops are only open to 25 students so please secure your seat as soon as possible.
REFUNDS: Refunds are not available. If you are unable to attend, we suggest trying to sell your ticket on social media or to a friend.
AGE LIMIT: We suggest 14 years old and up
If you purchase a ticket at full price, and the class goes on sale at a later date, a price adjustment is not available.